We are two nature lovers
Upon arrival, you are greeted by Hilde, your cook and guide, and Ingebrigt, who is responsible for cleaning and driving.
Hilde holds a master in Nature Management. She has been attending a Pilgrim leader course at HINT (Høgskolen i Nord-Trøndelag), and is the secretary for Pilegrimsfellesskapet St. Olav. Hilde is the day-to-day manager. Ingebrigt, who calls himself a farmhand has been a farmer; he earned his degree as wildlifemanager and works for SNO (Statens naturoppsyn), and is very interested in ornithology, as a hobby.
Ecotourism is tourism that places particular emphasis on nature and the environment. It is important for us that we do not consume more than most necessary. Therefore, we recycle, reuse and reduce as much as possible of the consumption in the company. We have applied to be certified as a Norwegian ecotourism company. Read more about Norwegian Ecotourism on Hanens website on ecotourism or on ecotourism on visit Norway’s website
Our ecotourism policy is that we:
• always have a precautionary attitude.
• run our buisness sustainable
• use local services and raw materials
• focuses on cooperation
• take a general social responsibility
• take care of protected buildings
• teach about local culture, society and the environment
• creates memorable experiences and meeting places